Thursday, December 20, 2007

Craft Lab: Mobile Art





I just love to hang things from the ceiling. Whether it's glittered hearts for Valentine's Day or felt chicks and eggs for spring, it only takes a little double sided foam tape and I'm set. However, the tape often pulls the paint off the ceiling. I just found a solution. On a recent late night shopping trek to Target, my friend Sunny and found these cool mobiles. For a friend's birthday the other day I crafted up the birdy mobile for her. I found some little flat wooden birds at Tall Mouse...the best craft store around. I traced the shape of the birds on to some decorative scrapbook paper and cut them out. Then glued and glittered the wood pieces with Martha Stewart Crafts glitter(I love this stuff). I usually do this step 2x to insure I get full coverage. After they dried I clipped all the pieces to the mobile and I was done.

No comments: