Monday, February 18, 2008

Craft Lab: Kids table before and after




We got this Ikea table at a yard sale years ago. The kids have used it and abused it. I try hard to keep a cute vintage table cloth on it, but the kids will have none of that. So, I was inspired to make a change. I simply added 6 full sheets of Amy Butler scrapbook paper with Mod Podge. Then, I carved out some cool birds and florals from some paper and glued them onto the other papers. I used turquoise grosgrain and a carved scallop shaped ribbon of paper to cover up the edge details. To tie it together, I used a star hole punch and circle punch and glued those shapes on the scalloped paper. I'll take a pic with the table in the play room so you can see how the colors all tie in. The great thing about this project, was the kids got to help glue the papers on.

No comments: