Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spring Time Creativity

Spring is here! The hummingbirds and butterflies are fluttering everywhere. Days are getting longer. It's warm. We've already done all our spring cleaning and clearing. So now my creative spirit can be free to create. I've been coming up with some new ideas of what I'm like to make. Today I will start my first prototype of a mobile while the kids are at school. I'll be using paper, wire, and glitter. I can't wait to see what my first one looks like.

This beautiful bloom is a brush/tree in my front yard. It's like a weed. We're always pulling out from everywhere else in the yard. Ouch, it has thrones. People love it and want to know what is is, but I have no idea. Almost every time we have a crazy wind storm, half of it breaks off. But it grows back stronger then before. It's as tall as our house and blooms all year round. The bumble bees and hummingbirds love it.

2 comments:

Paisley The Jackabee said...

That looks like something that grows here but I've never known it to get real big. I don't know the name of it either but the flowers are the same and it also has thorns. Deep rooted weed, hard to kill. You must have good soil and a mild climate for it to get that big LOL.
Thanks for participating!

storybeader said...

I don't know what it is, but if it's a weed, you're in luck! Like the music on your blog - nice addition.