Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Custom Foot Stool


The best thing about Etsy is: the possibilities are endless. Here's some photos of a custom order I'm working on for a client. She saw my earlier stool in my store, and wanted one made in some of her favorite fabrics. This was fun, I ordered her fabric from another Etsy store, then got to work finding coordinating papers for the project. This was a big challenge. None of the local stores had yellows and the reds that were this tomato orange. Three stores later, I finally found somethings that worked. So this features both fabric and papers. The dots is a fabric from Amy Butler. And the floral on top is by Heather Bailey. The key to this project is my little cuticle scissors. They are the only thing that can cut all the angles and sides. I hope she likes it. I still need to add many more coats of Mod Podge to get a smooth finish, and it take a few weeks to cure. Then off it goes to Ohio.

No comments: