Thursday, October 16, 2008

the Pumpkin Patch




After school today, the family hit the local pumpkin patch. It's hidden away behind one of the local High Schools. As a kid, I used to play softball right next to the pumpkin patch and I have to admit, I actually stole a pumpkin from this patch way back when. I did confess to the guy that ran the place, but he didn't seem to mind. The cool thing about this place, is that you can pick the pumpkins right off the vine. This is not a commercial patch, but one grown by the kids in horticulture class. No kiddie rides or hay stacks, just a big farm. I'm pretty sure it's a big secret, because I've never heard any one talk about this place. I was so excited, because I got all 15 pumpkins for $25. I think that was a great price. Aren't the white ones divine? I'm going to make them pretty like these.

No comments: