In my attempt to not waste food, I roasted some of my edible fall decor yesterday. It was a bit tough to cut open the small white gourd that's been hanging around for the last couple of months. The gourd looked just like the white pumpkin I was roasting, except the skin on the gourd was super tough. I thought it might break my favorite knife. Thankfully it did not. Off they went into the oven. The house was filled with the wonderful smell of roasted pumpkin and sweet potatoes. Later that night, was I ever shocked when I put a forkful of roasted gourd in my month. It was extremely bitter and horrible. I thought I poisoned myself. Who new that gourds are only edible when just picked? Lesson learned for sure.