Friday, February 13, 2009

Craft Lab: Nature Scape Plaque







I've been working on this idea for over a year. Thankfully, Martha had a nice segment on her show a couple weeks back on paper collages....just the inspiration I needed. So, in the first photo was what I started to make, however, I really wanted to make something for our bedroom. So, out went the Valentine idea, in with the naturescape. I pulled out my stash of scrapbook papers and came up with a plan. I hand drew the tree and cut it out with my craft knife. I hadn't done this type of cutting in awhile, and I remembered how much I love doing this. Then, I did the clouds, mountain, and lake. I used the big flowers like boulders. I thought I was done, until my critic chirped in and then I cut the green leaves for the tree. Then, I glued all the pieces on with Mod Podge. I few coats on the top and I was done. I'm really happy with it and can't wait to make another one.

No comments: