So, we spent that last two months caring for some of our local monarch butterflies. Since our local park has been cleaned up and replanted, the Monarchs are living in the park again. The park is a registered wintering site for the Monarch Alert, which tracks their migration. To track our butterflies in the park, we pull the caterpillars off the milk weed right before they make their crystallise. I put them in a container where they will make their crystallise. In about two weeks, they hatch into butterflies. Then, after their wings are fully dry, we meet up at the park to tag them and set them free. The goal was to tag 100 butterflies. I believe with this last batch we will be close to that. It's been a wonderful project to be involved with. These little creatures are breathtaking to watch.