Monday, March 23, 2009

Craft Lab: Moss Plantings










I've seen so many cool posts on the web lately featuring moss, and I really wanted to create something with some. Much to my surprise, living in my formerly over grown garden there was alot of beautiful moss. So, I grabbed my RV vase out of the cabinet and this porcelain coffee cup. I stuffed both vessels with some recycled bubble wrap, thanks Sunny! Then added a bit of potting mix to each container. The mysterious part of this tale was how I going to get the moss off the pavers? Use a spatula, or knife? I had no idea since I've never done anything like this before. All I had to do was just simply pull it off with my fingers. Super easy! I stuffed the moss in the openings and was almost done and realized I needed to make my coffee cup a little fancier, so added the straw (I totally copied this idea from a designer whom originally planted the cup when I first purchased it). The plantings look great in the house and are my way of adding a little more Chi to our home.

No comments: