Monday, May 10, 2010

Craft Lab: Eiffel Tower Silhouette







I made this Eiffel Tower silhouette collage for my mom for Mother's Day. I got the idea over at One Pretty Thing, whom featured this project from Tatertots and Jello. It was pretty easy and fun to boot. I took an old canvas that I had been playing with paint on.
  • take one piece of 12 by 12'' paper and glue it to the canvas with Mod Podge.
  • print out a photo of the tower from Google images. The photo was smaller then I wanted so I hand drew it to the correct size. I folded the tower sketch in half and cut out the image.
  • trace the tower onto the black scrap paper and cut it out.
  • Follow that up by gluing the tower to the large paper.
  • To finish, I applied 3 thick coats Mod Podge, one at a time allowing the Mod Podge to dry before adding any more coats.

Happy Crafting!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just the project I have been looking for. Im starting to redocorate my daughters room in a paris theme, and this is exactly what Im looking for. Thanks for the post.