These are really good. I was a very good girl and only had a bit of these. Super easy to make. Martha made them recently on her show.
Salted Toffee-Chocolate Squares
- 12 graham crackers
- 1 bag (8 ounces) toffee bits
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped toasted natural almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces) bittersweet chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place graham crackers in a single layer on sheet, edges touching. Sprinkle toffee bits and almonds over graham crackers.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and butter to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until mixture is syrupy, 2 minutes. Immediately pour over graham crackers. Bake until sugar topping is bubbling, 12 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate and salt over graham crackers. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into 2-inch squares. Let cool completely on sheet on a wire rack. (Store in an airtight container, up to 1 week.)
I think I'd change this up next time and make it much lighter/healthier by using less butter and less toffee.