Monday, August 9, 2010

Sweet Peas are here again


My sweet peas are blooming right now. Like 5 months late. I'm so happy because I thought they were gone forever. You see I planted a bunch of them many years ago and they come back every year. However, this year come spring nothing was growing. After a clean up of the garden I started to see the vines popping up here and there. Now I have a full batch. Our house smells so wonderful with these purple and pink beauties. This week I put them on the mantle in an old turquoise glass jar. If you are one of my neighbors, please feel free to come over and get some for yourself, the more we pick, the more blooms pop up!

6 comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

So pretty, I need to plant some in the spring.

Angela@Quarter Acre Cottage said...

I love your Sweet Peas they are so delicate looking, wish I lived close enough to come by and snag some =)

Lauren said...

oh my gosh they're gorgeous!! (I'm an Spril baby so they're my bday flower ;)
xoxo,
lauren

Amy said...

Just beautiful! I wish they grew here, enjoy them! *Amy

Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Swooning over sweet peas. They are amazing!

Unknown said...

Pretty - mintage is a great word