Monday, September 20, 2010

Craft Lab: Framed Art Redo

Here's a pretty flower we took a photo of on vacation early this summer in Malibu.

Since we are redoing my daughters room with a very low budget, I thought this photo would be lovely in her new purple/lavender space.
Here's the framed art that has been hanging in her room since she was born. These were another DIY project our whole family made together right after she was born. You see, my little one arrived a wee bit early and had to be in the hospital for over 2 weeks. Since she was early, her room was not done. Easter happened to fall during her stay at the hospital, so we had a little brunch with all the family. I asked my family if they could help me frame these Mary Englibriet paper dolls and get the room ready for our new baby girl. We used fabric and pretty ribbon to mount and frame the art. It was fun to craft with all the Grandmas and cousins.

We just kinda of wrapped and hot glued the fabric on the backing of the frame.
I just reused the fabric, glued the photo on, then attached ribbon to make it girlie.

I debated with the daughter about painting the frames a shiny solid, like white. In the end, I decided to not paint the frame out since I have so many, I'd like to keep them same for a future use. Here's the new print on top of our new Mod Podge table for the room.

So there you have it. For about $3, we hung some new art.
Reduce, reuse, recycle

No comments: