Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May School Garden Update

Let me take you on a tour of of school garden. 


The garden looks like this.  I pulled out all the radishes that went to flower and cleaned up the beds this week.

This bed has bush beans growing.  Some classes opted out of planting, so I'm planting seeds like crazy in the open spaces.

The Grape vine is a little crazy.  I have no idea how to take care of it.

We are going to have a lot of grapes this summer!!!  

The sweet peas are still going strong.  For teacher appreciation week, a big bucket of sweet peas was delivered to the teachers lounge for the staff to take home and enjoy.

Little sprouts are popping up.

Here's the pile of radishes I pulled.

My friend donated all these onions.

The onions are growing big.


Our irrigation is doing great.  I'm heading over every few days to hand water so the seeds I just planted take off.

Our first Kale.

Here's a Kohlrabi.  I'm going to pick it next week.


This bed is completely planted.  The corn and beans are doing great.

Mystery veggies?  I have no idea what this is.  The rest of this bed is now the pumpkin patch.  Next fall, the kids will have pumpkins in the garden.



Thanks for taking my little tour of our school garden.  

Are you growing anything in your garden?

No comments: