Sunday, March 4, 2012

Craft Lab: the bookshelf

I searched for months to find the perfect bookshelf for my daughters room. I was determined to find one at one our local thrift stores. I finally found one at the Good Will across town and didn't see a price on it. So I asked one the employees and they said it was $12. I seriously did a happy dance right there. The book shelf was really heavy and sturdy. It wasn't solid wood like I wanted but it was in good shape.
the before
Before I painted the piece I had to repair some loose veneer.
I think we did about 3 coats to cover the piece.  I had the kids help me and we made a huge paint mess on the driveway.  I'm not sure why I didn't put down a drop cloth.   The paint mess is still there.

the after
The bookshelf is just the right size for her space.  Now all her toys and books have a nice home.  It always amazes me what a little paint can do.

No comments: