Thursday, February 7, 2008
Craft Lab: Photo Frame
Here's a fun decoupage project.
What you'll need:
wooden photo frame
paper cutting tool
self healing cutting mat
1) Paint edges of wooden frame, sides, back and any part you are not putting paper on. Let dry.
2) Lay paper upside down on cutting mat, lay frame upside down on paper. Outline with pencil. Using paper cutter, cut out shape, also cut out center with craft knife.
3) Using Mod Podge and brush, coat pack side of paper and front of frame with Mod Podge. Lay paper on frame. Add a coat of Mod Podge to the top of paper. This can get messy, you can use your fingers to smooth out any bubbles. Let dry
4) Add more coats of Mod Podge, let each one dry before next application.
5) Cut out more paper shapes and placed them onto desired place on frame. Glue them on using Modge Podge. Repeat step 4.
I used Martha Stewart wrapping paper and scrapbook paper. Everything was purchased