Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Unclutter: Freecycle




Over the last few months, I have gone through every space in our home and purged. Oh how good it feels around here. With a lot of hard work behind us, we are closing in on finishing the new garage. So far, we have rewired, hung drywall, painted, carpeted, and now are working on the details like hanging shelves, hooks, and finding homes for everything. Our goal is to have an open space for the adults and kids to play and work. I'm gaining an 8' long counter top for my crafting. How cool is that? The garage pics are before we laid the new carpet. More to come soon. So the reason for this post is to start an experiment. I posted the cabinet above on both freecycle and http://www.craigslist.org/. Let's see how fast this awesome cabinet will get picked up. Freecycle is a site where people give away free stuff to locals who may need it. I've been a member for a couple of years and this is my first listing, so I'm excited to see what happens.
**update**
A group from a local food bank came and picked up the cabinet. This piece is getting a whole new life help others. To think we almost cut it into pieces.

No comments: