Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Craft Lab: recycled Christmas Ornaments



I look at all my trash as a possible craft project. I've been collecting the tops of the concentrated juices I buy for a year to make these( I started to buy the concentrated because I 'm trying not to buy juice in the plastic containers anymore). To make these, I cut out circles by hand and with the Cricut machine. The Cricut did the job great, but I like the hand cut ones best. Then, I decoupaged the round pieces on the metal discs on both sides. After that, I hot glued the fishing line loop on top, so it can hang. Then I hot glued the wire garland ribbon around the outside edge. That actually went way better then I thought. The ornaments have a fun vintage feel I love. These will be in my store for the holidays.

No comments: