Saturday, October 4, 2008

Garden Love- my neighbors flowers


Living in southern California has so many wonderful benefits. One being that things bloom pretty much year round. I love flowers and enjoy having them inside, especially fragrant ones. Sadly, at the moment we have no flowers in our garden, just beautiful green leaves. So on our route to school we pass by a beautiful Stephanotis vine and it's completely hanging over the wall into the pubic walkway. Free game for picking. So for the past two weeks every other day I pick a few(they only last two days, we're having a heat wave). They smell terrific and they remind my of our wedding. (all the gentlemen wore these as boutonnieres.) I hope the neighbor doesn't get any crazy ideas and cut the vine back, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: