Friday, November 13, 2009

Craft Lab: yarn wreath










I've been wanting to make a yarn wrapped wreath since last year. I just can't bring myself to spend the cash on a Styrofoam form, so I did a bit of recycling and cut up a card board box. I took a bowl and traced out a 14" circle. Then, I did the same thing in the center with a smaller bowl. I used a knife to cut the small circle first, then the larger one. Next, I took the yarn and wrapped it around the cardboard form all the way around. I had some left over glittery embellishments hanging around and added them to the front. I even bent a silver pipe cleaner into a butterfly and attached it. This project was wiped up in about an hour and a half.

3 comments:

The Fab Miss B said...

Adorable! I love the recycling you did too- something great about using up things you had lying around, isn't there?

P.S) Please do look us up when you get back to Hawaii. I'd love to meet such a talented gal!

Christina said...

this is so pretty! what a great idea.

Charity said...

well isn't that chic. I love the vintage vibe. Great job, and thanks for sharing