Friday, December 24, 2010

Oh My: Christmas Eve


This holiday season is a breeze. No stress here. Usually not the case. This year I'm soaking it all up and enjoying every minute. I'm probably going to have a little holiday withdrawal after it's all over.
Today I have a few last minute things to do.
I need to sew this years socks to the growing stockings.

The kids and I will be making a chocolaty pecan pie for dessert on Christmas. Yum Yum.

So, I was woken up a bit early today, my awesome husband had to work today. I say "had" because in his field they can force you work on Christmas eve or Christmas day even though you have it off. We went with having him home on Christmas. So, this morning the kiddies woke up at 5:30 with daddy (that's early around here). They crawled into bed and wiggled around so much they woke me up too.
Last night before bed they realized daddy wouldn't be home tonight to help them sprinkle the reindeer food on the lawn. So, laying in bed together, I suggested they get their shoes on an sprinkle it with daddy before he left for work. Another thing off the list!

This is a quote from a funny friend Melissa:

Merry Happy whatever you celebrate...I hope that you eat just enough, celebrate just enough (but don't drive after cuz that is just plain stupid), give to your hearts content, receive all the love necessary to get you through each day, and laugh so much that you pee your pants and stuff comes out your nose!!! Cheers and best wishes to you from me!!

photo of pie via Martha Stewart

No comments: