Monday, February 7, 2011

Craft 52 week 5: ugly holiday decor redo

Craft 52

Week 5:
Ugly Holiday Decor Redo


This has to be the ugliest thing ever. Hello 1980's, your decor sucked.   I'm not sure if this is a yard sale purchase or a thrift store find.  I just knew I could give this baby a new modern look.

First, I ripped off all the silk flowers and lovely ribbon.   I had to get out my Spackle knife and scrape off the hot glue, then do a quick sanding to smooth out where the glue had been.
Next the fun part, spray painting. 
Action shot!
I have to admit, I'm not very good at spray painting yet.  I make drips and use way to much paint.  But, I'm learning and it's seriously fun.
After the piece dried overnight, I painted on the Mod Podge and then glittered.  Oh, I have missed this task, it's been too long.
I did the front and the back different so we could have two different looks.
So there you have it, I took an old ugly thing and made it pretty again.  I little recycling, and the world is a better place.

1 comment:

Moms of all Trades said...

That is adorable! I see those all the time and never thought about doing that! Very clever

www.momsofalltrdes.blogspot.com