Friday, April 8, 2011

Fireplace Moodboard Number One

I'm teaching myself how to make mood boards.  Thanks to Olioboard it's super easy!  
Here's our future living room fireplace wall. 
  • The flooring is staying the dark oak we already have.  
  • We are adding built in cabinets in walnut to flank the fireplace.  The cabinets will have brass modern hardware as pulls. 
  • For the mantle I'd like it to span from wall to wall, and would sit on top of the built ins. I'd like the mantle made from  some recycled wood in a dark finish.
  • The fireplace will be covered with Calcutta gold marble from floor to ceiling.  However, this would be ridiculously expensive and I'd compromise on having the marble go up to the mantle and not the ceiling.   
  • For the floor in front of the fireplace, I want to lay a white shimmery marble hex tile. 
  • On the wall from the mantle up, I'd like to mirror the whole thing.  Our home is kind of small and dark, I think this will be a nice way to add much needed light to the space.  I'm going to have to do some serious convincing to get the husband on board with this mirror plan.  Wish me luck!

No comments: