Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hankie du Jour


Way before tissues, we were are all environmentally friendly and all used hankies. Over the years I've have a acquired a large collection of hankies. They are a mixed variety, some plain, some with beautiful flowers, some art deco. All are unique and I find much inspiration in them. So I saw this mom at a play class pull one out and blow her son nose a while back, and it got me thinking. So the next hanky I ran across, I washed and stuck in my purse. My latest green idea to hit our house is more hanky less tissue(i do buy the recycled tissues from Trader Joe's). Now I just throw them in the wash with all the napkins and dish towels.

This hanky is beautiful, I love the contrast of the brown and white. I could decorate a room around this hanky. I can't wait for my next project.

No comments: