Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Craft Lab- Fingerprint Butterfly Collage












We're doing a few classroom art projects around here for an auction coming up. This one is for the preppy K class. I used a die cut machine and punched out 19 2" butterfly out of black scrap- book paper. Next, I had the kiddies place their little finger prints on the wings of the butterflies with white acyclic paint. Then I took pipe cleaners and cut them into 1 1/2 "strips and twisted them 1/3 of the way down to make the antenna and body of the butterfly. Next, I bent the butterfly in half and hot glued the silver pipe cleaner bodies down the center of the die cut. I found a nice wallpaper sample from a discontinued book, and wrapped and hot glued it to the backing of a shadow box frame. I arranged and hot glued the butterflies into a swarm pattern onto the wallpaper. I cleaned up the glass and was done. Super easy, inexpensive, and quick. I would totally hang this up in our home!

No comments: