Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Dish: Green Juice





We recently purchased the awesome Breville Juicer. It's so fun to use. Almost everyday I make some sort of crazy juice concoction. A little fruit mixed in with the veggies makes for a delicious beverage. I just randomly add stuff we have on hand. This machine rocks. You can add the whole vegetable and rarely even have to chop anything . I can throw in whole apples, too. We just juice organic. Thankfully, we belong to the best CSA from Tanaka Farms and they deliver a wonderful assortment every week to our school. I store all my veggies in these great FridgeSmart containers from Tupperware. I highly recommend these vented boxes which if used correctly can keep fruits and veggies 3x longer. So why are we juicing? The energy we get from this juice is incredible. And all the pulp from the machine goes right to feeding our worms in the compost.

No comments: