Saturday, July 23, 2011

Counter Tops



We're also getting the kitchen remodel ready. It's like a full time job doing all the leg work. I finally picked out the cabinets. I changed my mind at least 3 times over the last 2 years on the style of the doors. I'm pretty confident in my decision now.

Here's the design done up in 20/20.

We want to start the remodel when school starts in about 6 weeks.




We took a family trip to the stone yard. Of course I preselected a very expensive kind of marble. When I saw it in person, I loved it. I still have hope I can still get the beautiful Calcutta Gold I'm wanting. However, I have a plan B, Carrera, which would also be wonderful too. The price between the two is significant and I've planned on the more expensive, so we'll see how that all plays out.  And if you are wondering why on earth I'm putting white marble in a busy family kitchen, why not.  Just kidding!  I've done my research and we're having the marble in a honed finish so it can be cleaned, scrubbed, bleached etc.  Our marble will patina over time and add to the beauty of the natural stone.  Oh, and we're putting the marble up as the backsplash too.  
 

No comments: